In this module, we’re going to review:
- The problem with blocking execution
- What is reactive programming?
- Programming in a non-blocking, asynchrounous, functional style
- How reactive programming is related to the Reactive Manifesto
- What is Project Reactor and how to set it up in your project using Maven
You can find the code for this module here.
- Project Reactor
- David Karnok’s reactive classification
- Reactive Streams specification
- Reactive Manifesto
- IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition
- Project Reactor 3 Release Train BOM
Note: This is a work-in-progress. I still have to add the images that accompany the text and the content is subject to change.
Table of contents
- The Problem with Blocking
- What is Reactive Programming?
- Non-blocking, Asynchrounous, and Functional
- The Reactive Manifesto
- Setting up Project Reactor